Care Management (MSSP)
The Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP) is a Medi-Cal waiver program
that is funded by federal and state funds. The Multipurpose Senior Services
Program (MSSP) provides comprehensive care management services to low-income,
Medi-Cal recipients, who are 65 years or older, frail and at risk of institutionalization.
The MSSP supports older adults in their homes to prevent or delay placement
in a nursing facility, while fostering independent living at home.
Clients receive care management services in their homes, provided by a team
of MSSP Social Work Care Managers, Public Health Nurse and Care Manager Aide.
MSSP care management includes thorough in-home assessments by a nurse and social
work care manager to develop an individualized plan that may include coordination
and purchase of services, supplies and safety equipment, advocacy, and ongoing
education and support for clients and caregivers.
MSSP services include:
- Comprehensive in-home psychosocial and health assessments;
- Development of an individualized Care Plan to address needs;
- Monthly phone calls and quarterly home visits to monitor health, social
and safety concerns;
- Assistance in purchasing services or equipment to remain safely at home;
- Coordination of care and referrals for additional services;
- Prevention of illness and enhancement of safety;
- Advocacy on client’s behalf to obtain needed services;
- Education to enhance independent living;
- Respite support for caregivers.
- 65 years or older;
- Medi-Cal recipient with an eligible aid code;
- Ability to live safely at home with MSSP support;
- At high risk of placement in an intermediate or skilled nursing facility;
- A resident of Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa or Tuolumne county;
- Need comprehensive care management services; and
- Willing to accept and participate in MSSP services.
For more information, please call (209) 532-6272 or (800) 510-2020.